|Position||Location||Salary||Role Type||Closing Date||Options|
|NX635 - Bodymaker||West Bromwich||£12.46 - £16.51 per hour, dependant on shifts||Permanent||30th April 2018||Back Apply|
NX635 - Bodymaker
National Express operates bus services within three areas namely the West Midlands, Coventry and Dundee. We are the largest bus operator in these areas and one of the largest in the UK carrying over 1 million passengers every day. Everything we do is about attracting more happy passengers. We strive to keep everyone safe, if we can’t do it safely, we don’t do it. To do this we invest to attract, develop and retain the very best employees. This is where you join our team!
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced PCV Bodymaker. As a fundamental member of the team, the successful candidate will work together with the Engineering function of the depot to effectively maintain Company vehicles and premises in line with regulations and Company standards.
- To repair all identified body defects on a daily basis, including glass, structure, paint and chassis repairs both in and outside of the vehicles.
- Use gas, MIG welding and gas cutting with the appropriate qualifications and training, where required.
- Assist the team in preparing vehicles for Annual MOT test.
- Inspect vehicles, ensuring they are fit for purpose and to Company and Statutory standards, recording any defects as required.
- To complete and maintain documentation as per quality procedures.
Experience and knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience of repairing PCV and/or HGV vehicles is essential
- Current UK driving licence is essential, current UK PCV licence would be advantageous
- Hold a relevant NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
- Apprentice trained preferable
Shift; Saturday – Wednesday 07:00 – 15:00