|Position||Location||Salary||Role Type||Closing Date||Options|
|NX623 - Mechanic Support||South and Central Birmingham||£8.86 - £11.81 per hour, dependant on shifts||Permanent||30th April 2018||Back Apply|
NX623 - Mechanic Support
National Express operates bus services within three areas namely the West Midlands, Coventry and Dundee. We are the largest bus operator in these areas and one of the largest in the UK carrying over 1 million passengers every day. Everything we do is about attracting more happy passengers. We strive to keep everyone safe, if we can’t do it safely, we don’t do it. To do this we need the best people. We invest to attract, retain and develop the very best employees. This is where you join our team!
We have exciting opportunities for mechanic supports to join our garages across the South and Central Birmingham. Successful candidates will work as part of the garage teams to assist with the maintenance and repair of all buses in line with regulations and to the required company standards.
- Manage service duties through bus allocations, changeovers, garage plan and liaison with the Traffic office
- Carry out routine services
- Conduct on the road changeovers and wheel changes
- Carry out oil changes quickly and efficiently to manufacturer’s and specialist standards
- Repair minor defects wherever and whenever needed
- Ensure all documentation is completed and maintained according to Company procedures
- Demonstrate flexibility in line with operational requirements. Maintain good housekeeping and conform to Safety, Health, Environment and Fire (SHEF) Regulations.
Experience and knowledge:
- Previous mechanical repair experience required
- Recognised vehicle maintenance qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Must hold a PCV licence or successfully obtain by end of probation period.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
Day and night shifts, please be aware all will involve weekend work. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information