|Position||Location||Salary||Role Type||Closing Date||Options|
|NX617 - Fitter||Central Birmingham||£12.46 - £16.51||Permanent||15th November 2017||Back Apply|
NX617 - Fitter
To assist Managers and Supervisors of the garage Engineering function to effectively maintain Company vehicles and premises in line with VOSA, Company and ISO 9001:2000 standards.
- To carry out the following tasks below on the required or relevant Company vehicles in your garage and to any new vehicles your garage may acquire.
- Diagnose defects and effect repairs to engine, gearbox, chassis, axles, steering and brakes.
- Fault diagnose, using specialist equipment relevant to vehicles in your garage. Welding (gas and mig) and gas cutting with the appropriate qualifications or training
- Repair vehicles to Company and Statutory standards.
- Repair defects and identify with vehicle types relevant to your garage or place of work.
- Prepare vehicles for Annual test (MOT).
- Carry out the servicing of all vehicles.
- Service vehicles in accordance with Company and vehicle manufacturing specifications and to Company and Statutory standards.
- Maintain documentation as per documented quality procedures.
- Demonstrate flexibility in line with operational requirements.
- Maintain good housekeeping and conform to health, safety and environmental regulations.
Experience and knowledge:
- Experience in PCV or HGV is essential
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Apprentice trained preferable