|Position||Location||Salary||Role Type||Closing Date||Options|
|NX603 - Welder Fabricator||Service Support, Birmingham Central||£12.47 per hour||Permanent||22nd October 2017||Back Apply|
NX603 - Welder Fabricator
To support the Bus engineering function by working within the Service Support team providing skilled welding services on vehicles and fabrication of parts and equipment as required. Also operation of machine room equipment such as lathes, milling machine, radial drill, press work, grinder and band saws, and assist in other service support work operations as required.
- To carry out skilled welding tasks on vehicles and equipment as required
- To operate a variety of Machine Shop equipment
- Fabrication of equipment and tooling to include design and production
- To conduct drill out operations at operational sites as required
- To be responsible for the maintenance of a clean and safe working area, including the clearing down of equipment following use
- Conduct specific calibration tasks at various sites as required
- To assist in other mechanical / manual activities as instructed by line management
- Always act in accordance to Company procedure and in a safe manner.
Experience and knowledge:
- Experience in welding is essential
- Relevant welding qualification is preferable
- Previous tool room experience and certified training is preferable.
- City and Guilds or equivalent in Equipment Usage and similar operations
- GCSE ‘C’ or equivalent standard of Maths and English
- Strong communication, organisation and attention to detail skills
- Ability to use own initiative as well as be a team player
- Full, clean UK driving licence preferable