|Position||Location||Salary||Role Type||Closing Date||Options|
|NX533 - Engineering Supervisor||Pensnett||£competitive||Permanent||25th January 2017||Back Apply|
NX533 - Engineering Supervisor
As part of the Management of the garage Engineering Function, effectively plan, monitor and control maintenance of Company vehicles and premises, and supervise the team in line with VOSA, Company and ISO 9001:2000 standards.
- Manage the team including individual development plans, performance and quality, and holiday and absence. Maintain a high standard of staff conduct, in accordance with legislation, good practice and Company procedures.
- Organise activities and processes for the repair, maintenance, servicing and cleaning of buses to meet Customer, Company and Statutory requirements.
- Conduct and be responsible for product/service/task quality checks, job identification and traceability.
- Implement, identify and take corrective action for internal/external areas of operations.
- Maintain good housekeeping including quality records in line with Company accredited standards.
- Deputise for the Engineering Manager as required.
- Work towards the Company performance targets.
- Delegate work as and when required to Engineering staff and authorise all overtime within agreed budget.
- Review and authorise vehicle repair/maintenance documentation as required prior to releasing vehicles for operational service.
- Manage and update vehicle planning boards.
- Ensure completion of quality systems and other documentation as required.
- Liaise with third party contractors in respect of warranty repairs, and review vehicle core hour availability downtime.
- To be able to demonstrate flexibility in line with operational requirements and carry our any other reasonable request from a line Manager.
Experience and knowledge:
- Relevant Engineering qualification – such as an Apprenticeship.
- Excellent Vehicle Maintenance experience.
- Excellent planning and communication skills.
- Good numeracy skills
- Ability to work well within a team and build and develop working relationships.
- Supervisory experience would be desirable.