|Position||Location||Salary||Role Type||Closing Date||Options|
|NXMM52 - Engineering Team Member (Rolling Stock)||Midland Metro, Wednesbury||up to £28,523 per annum||Permanent||25th February 2018||Back Apply|
NXMM52 - Engineering Team Member (Rolling Stock)
National Express operates the Midland Metro service between Birmingham City Centre and Wolverhampton. Everything we do is about attracting more happy passengers. We strive to keep everyone safe, if we can’t do it safely, we don’t do it. To do this we invest to attract, develop and retain the very best employees. This is where you join our team!
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineer to join our Metro Rolling Stock team to provide an effective, efficient and professional tram maintenance, repair and overhaul service, attending breakdowns as required, seeking to minimise disruption to service.
Key aspects of the role
- Work on all aspects of tram maintenance.
- Conduct fault diagnosis and rectify all electrical and mechanical faults.
- Attend in service tram failures and seek to minimise resultant service disruptions.
- Strip and rebuild of various tram systems where required.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, and company rules and procedures.
- Deputise for the Team Leader where required.
- Any other duties as necessary.
- Ideally an experienced technician or mechanic of trams or trains.
- Previous experience in the fault diagnosis of mechanical and/or electrical systems is essential.
- Relevant mechanical and/or electrical qualifications are essential.
- Willingness to undertake training and competence assessments in Tram maintenance.
- Hold NVQ Level 3 Team Member qualification.
- Previous supervisory experience is required.
- Full, clean UK driving licence.